Sure, it is a Blackview assessment, the primary of its form on our web site! The maker has been gaining traction in numerous markets, and its telephones have lastly made it to our workplace, too. Blackview makes inexpensive, rugged smartphones; a few of them even have cool options like thermal or night time imaginative and prescient cameras. And at the moment, we might be exploring such a tool – the Blackview BV8800 with an evening imaginative and prescient digicam and an impressively giant 8,380mAh battery.
So, Blackview appears to be so much like Ulefone, would not it? Certainly, the Blackview BV8800 we have now for this assessment is as rugged because the (Energy) Armor Ulefones, and it has each IP69K water resistance and drop-to-concrete resilience from a 1.5m distance.
The BV8800 affords a 6.58″ 90Hz Full HD show and runs on the Helio G96 chipset by MediaTek. In fact, its most attention-grabbing bits beneath its bolstered physique are the battery and the digicam departments.
This Blackview BV8800 mannequin weighs 367 grams, and it isn’t due to the thick plastic and steel shielding. The massive battery inside has an 8,380mAh capability, which ought to give this telephone days, if not weeks, of battery autonomy.
After which there’s the quad-camera on the again with a 50MP main, an 8MP ultrawide, a 2MP depth sensor, and the showstopper – a 20MP Night time Imaginative and prescient digicam with IR emitters. The final piece will allow you to see and seize what’s at the hours of darkness, and we aren’t speaking Night time Mode right here, however actual night time imaginative and prescient like these obtainable on safety cameras or devoted NV goggles.
So, the BV8800 is a rugged midranger with a beefy battery and an evening imaginative and prescient digicam. It’s a distinctive piece of kit, that is for positive, so let’s scroll by way of its specs and get this assessment began.
Blackview BV8800 specs at a look:
- Physique: 176.2×83.5×17.7mm, 367g; bolstered steel body with rubber high and backside, plastic again; IP68/IP69K mud/water-resistant (as much as 1.5m for 30 minutes), Drop-to-concrete resistance from as much as 1.5 m, MIL-STD-810H compliant.
- Show: 6.58″ IPS LCD, 90Hz, 480 nits, 1080x2408px decision, 20.07:9 facet ratio, 401ppi.
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6781 Helio G96 (12 nm): Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G57 MC2.
- Reminiscence: 128GB 8GB RAM; UFS 2.1.
- OS/Software program: Android 11, Doke-OS 3.0.
- Rear digicam: Vast (essential): 50 MP, f/1.8, PDAF; Extremely broad angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 117˚; Macro: 2 MP; Night time Imaginative and prescient: 20 MP, f/1.8, (IR digicam), 2 IR emitters.
- Entrance digicam: 16 MP, f/2.0, (broad).
- Video seize: Rear digicam: 1440p@30fps; Entrance digicam: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 8380mAh; Quick charging 33W, 31% in 30 min, 100% in 90 min (marketed), Reverse charging.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); NFC; FM radio.
Even when the Blackview BV8800 is a midranger, we will spot two apparent omissions straight away – there isn’t a microSD growth slot and a 3.5mm jack. We expect these are important for any such rugged smartphone and would have positively raised the BV8800 perceived worth.
And that is about it. The remaining looks as if a stable package deal for a stable system. So, let’s get this factor out of its field, lets?
Unboxing the Blackview BV8800
The Blackview BV8800 arrives in a fairly large field that comprises the telephone itself, a 33W USB-PD energy adapter, and a USB-C cable.
The telephone has a pre-applied display protector – it isn’t a glass one, however one among these skinny movies that get smudged very quickly. And whereas it isn’t our cup of tea, we do recognize having it.